Group classes are a great way to learn mindfulness
Group learning has been shown to be very effective for learning and support. I offer eight different group classes throughout the year. Check the Calendar for Upcoming Classes.
- Book Club: In this book club we will read and discuss, “Here for Now: Living Well with Cancer through Mindfulness,” by Elana Rosenbaum.
- Eat Right Now – Mindful Eating Program: A six-week course designed by an addiction psychiatrist to help you learn to change your relationship with food. Explore the WHY, WHAT, and HOW you eat and learn how to change your habits around eating. Not a diet.
- Mindful Living 101: The basics of mindfulness and how to cultivate more of it in your life for growth and happiness.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: An evidence-based 8-week course to reduce stress, and anxiety. It has also been shown to provide a number of other health benefits.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Mindfulness meditation helps you to cultivate your ability to be more aware and present more of the time. This gives you the ability to respond skillfully to difficult or stressful situations.
- Navigating the New Normal: A six-week program designed to help you navigate your life more skillfully after difficult times. Learn to prioritize your time and attention to get the most out of your time here on planet earth.
- Unwinding Anxiety: A six-week program that helps you understand and change thinking and behavioral patterns that keep anxiety operating so that you can relax and find the calm you want.
- Unshakable Confidence Blueprint: A six-week program for understanding how doubt and fear are operating in your life to keep you from reaching a life that is fulfilling and enjoyable. Build confidence by understanding what behaviors are getting in your way and how to change them.
For the safety of the participants, these programs will be held online using Zoom.
Click on the button for the desired program below for more information or to register. If the class you want is not currently offered, contact us to be notified when it is scheduled.
Group Mindfulness Programs
Here for Now
Living Well with Cancer through Mindfulness
Book Club meets once a week for six weeks.
Eat Right Now – Mindful Eating Program
Tuesdays, September 13 – October 18, 2022, 6:00 pm – 7:30pm
Change your relationship with food.
Eat Right Now is a scientifically based program that integrates mindfulness to help you change your relationship to food. It is not a diet.
Understand what your habits are around food and learn how to change them. This is a sustainable approach to eating as opposed to the up and down of fad diets, starvation, and calorie counting.
Eat Right Now - Mindful Eating Program
Mindful Living 101
Mindful Living 101
Great for beginners.
This Mindful Living Class using meditation, Hatha yoga, and science is a 6-week program for helping you reduce physical and emotional pain and suffering, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve your overall health and well-being. This is achieved by learning about and training the mind. Mind training through consistent present moment awareness allows you to keep your attention in the present instead of being lost in memories or anticipating unknown outcomes in the future. It helps you to see where pain and suffering are exacerbated by our own patterns of behavior and how we perceive our experiences.
What you will learn
Mindful Living 101 is an introduction to living more mindfully on a day-to-day basis. It covers what mindfulness is and how (and why) it can improve your life. You will learn:
- To create and maintain a formal meditation practice.
- How to work with pain and discomfort.
- Ways to identify behavior patterns that do not serve you and how to change them.
- How to tune in to the body’s intuitive guidance system.
- What happens in the brain and body under stressful conditions and how to skillfully manage your response.
- How to tone down runaway thinking for more peace and ease.
- How to implement mindfulness in your life for improved health and wellbeing.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction - MBSR
Eight-Week Evidence-Based Program for reducing stress, anxiety, and Pain
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, is an evidence-based 8-week program for helping you reduce physical and emotional pain and suffering. This is achieved by learning about and training the mind. Mind training through consistent present moment awareness allows you to keep your attention in the present instead of being lost in memories, or anticipating unknown outcomes in the future. It helps you to see where pain and suffering is exacerbated by our own patterns of behavior and how we perceive our experiences.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- The foundations of mindfulness
- How stress affects you physically and emotionally
- How perception affects our reality and drives behavior
- Formal meditations – Sitting meditation; Lying down yoga; Standing yoga; the Body Scan; Walking meditation
- Effective communication
- How to respond skillfully instead of react unskillfully to stressful situations
- How to take better care of yourself
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
4-Week Program to Learn to Meditate
Meditation is simple. It’s just not easy.
Intellectually, it is simple to understand the concept of meditation. The actual practice of meditation can be challenging unless you know how to go about it. And anyone can learn how to do it.
In this four-week class you will learn:
- What mindfulness meditation is and isn’t.
- There are many different types of meditation. You will learn how mindfulness meditation differs from other types of meditation.
- The power of mindfulness meditation to reduce stress, anxiety, and fear.
- The healing benefits of mindfulness practice.
- Different ways to practice meditation both formally and informally.
- Why mindfulness meditation isn’t about “stopping thoughts.”
- To practice in different ways throughout your day.
- How to create your own practice that you can stick with.
Navigating the New Normal
Lives can sometimes change in an instant. We all go through storms throughout our lives: diagnosis, accidents, loss, and trauma. These events change us, but that doesn’t have to be the end of the story.
Expecting things to go back to the way they used to be only increases suffering. You can learn to incorporate the changes you’ve experienced and still enjoy life.
The key to living more fully is to learn to adjust to the change instead of resisting it.
Navigating the new normal involves seeing things differently; an ability to see them more clearly. That is where mindfulness comes in. Learning to live in the present is the best way to improve how things appear after the storm and be happy again.
This six-week program will help you:
- Create positive change about how you experience what you’ve been through.
- Learn to reduce stress to regulate your nervous system for more peace and ease despite what your current situation is.
- Learn to manage physical pain using your own resources.
- Reduce anxiety and worry.
Navigating the New Normal
A Six Week Program for Finding Calm
Start unwinding your anxiety today with this 6-week program.
Unwinding Anxiety is a mindful approach to reducing anxiety developed by addiction psychiatrist and neuroscientist, Dr. Judson Brewer. Learn what habits keep the anxiety loop turning and find out how to break the cycle for greater ease and a sense of peace and well-being.
This 6-week program is an online group learning environment that helps students learn mindfulness tools for dealing with and reducing anxiety by understanding how habits are formed and how they can be changed. The Unwinding Anxiety program is augmented by a powerful app that includes 30 days of short modules, exercises, and tools for learning about how anxiety is created and how it can be reduced.
Initial studies have shown a 48% reduction in anxiety for program participants. Start unwinding anxiety today.
Unshakable Confidence Blueprint
A Six-Week Program for Building Confidence
This program will empower people who feel like imposters, or not enough, to invoke their innate strengths for greater confidence and clarity.
This is a newly created mindfulness program designed to help you rediscover the courage that resides within you. It was hidden when something or a series of experiences convinced you that you were not enough, or couldn’t do something.
What would you do if you had more confidence? How would your life be different?
Ever since I can remember, I was shy, was afraid to ask questions, and was terrified to speak in public. Even in a meeting with a small group of people where we had to go around the room and introduce ourselves and what we did would send me into near panic. I could feel my face flush and my heart start to pound like it would leap right out of my chest and onto the table. I was sure that whatever I had to say would come out as stupid, incoherent, or somehow flawed (like me). On a scale of 1 – 10, my confidence level was 0.
Feeling inadequate was normal. Feeling stuck happened with regularity. Unworthy? Absolutely. Fulfilled? Nope. What does that even mean anyway?
I guess I just have to figure out how to get through life this way. That’s just the way it is.
Until it isn’t. Now, I teach.