evanston & Chicago spinning & Cycling classes
Our classes provide an excellent and efficient low-impact, fat-burning cardiovascular workout. If you want an exciting way to meet your fitness goals, our Chicago spinning and cycling classes may be for you.
We get it. Riding a bike for exercise? Isn't that boring? It can be if you don't have the right mindset, motivation, and community. Luckily, that's what you get at Chicago Athletic Clubs.
Our experienced instructors will motivate you to challenge yourself during each cycling class. The Chicago Athletic Clubs cycling studios provide an ideal group setting with great music and class variety. Our spin classes allow you to work out and progress at your level while still getting the energy from others in the room. It's a total body workout. For real, you'll feel it everywhere!
Cycling benefits people with joint issues who cannot handle the impact of many high-intensity interval training (HIIT) classes or strength training regimens. We have several classes in Chicago and Evanston, so there's always a class near you.
An exhilarating indoor cycling class, highly effective in cardio and strength training. Get your heart pumping and burn up to 600 calories in a 50-minute class. Work your glutes, calves, quads, hamstrings, and core while improving overall cardiovascular function.
At Chicago Athletic Clubs we always strive to offer the very best in group fitness classes to all our members!
Check out this month's pop-up classes below!
REGISTER ON THE APP 24 HRS IN ADVANCE!
LES MILLS SPRINT™ is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using an indoor bike that delivers fast results. This short, intense training style involves pushing your physical and mental limits, providing a thrill and motivation.
An exhilarating indoor cycling class, highly effective in cardio and strength training. On a stationary bike, riding to awesome music, and motivated by an inspiring instructor, one can burn up to 600 calories in a 50-minute class. Work glutes, calves, quads, hamstrings, and core, and over time, decrease body fat and improve overall cardiovascular function. Studio Cycle Express is a shortened version.
At Chicago Athletic Clubs we always strive to offer the very best in group fitness classes to all our members! Check out this month's pop-up classes below!
REGISTER ON THE APP 24 HRS IN ADVANCE!
LES MILLS SPRINT™ is a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. It's a short, intense style of training where the thrill and motivation come from pushing your physical and mental limits.
A high-intensity, low-impact workout, it's scientifically proven to return rapid results. You don't need to be a professional cyclist to join a Sprint class, but you do need to bring your A-game. This class is best for those with some experience with cycling or some fitness level.
benefits of spin and cycling classes
1. Torches calories: Indoor cycling isn't just a workout; it's a calorie-burning powerhouse. With the potential to torch up to 600 calories in a 50-minute session, it's a highly effective way to support weight management and fat loss. The intense cardio effort keeps your metabolism revved up long after you've left the bike.
2. Sculpts your legs: Indoor cycling engages major leg muscles—glutes, calves, quads, and hamstrings. The consistent resistance and varied movements tone and define your lower body. Over time, regular sessions contribute to more robust, more defined leg muscles. Improved leg muscles burn more calories and increase your fitness level, so the more you spin, the better you get and the more calories you burn!
3. Low-impact exercise: Get fit without the joint stress. Indoor cycling is a low-impact exercise, making it gentle on your joints while delivering significant fitness gains. This makes it an ideal choice for individuals with joint concerns or those looking for a joint-friendly alternative to high-impact workouts. It's like swimming, except with the pool!
4. Good for the Heart: While all exercise is good for the heart, cycling is an excellent way to get your heart rate up and your lungs pumping. Regularly attending one of our classes can do wonders for your cardiovascular health.
5. Time efficient: Don't have hours to spare? No problem. Indoor cycling is a time-efficient workout that packs a punch in just 30-50 minutes. Whether you're a busy professional or a parent juggling multiple responsibilities, fitting into a cycling class is a practical and effective way to prioritize your fitness without burning all of your extra time.
6. You're joining a community: It's not just a solo ride; it's a community experience. Indoor cycling classes bring people together and create a supportive and motivating atmosphere. Remember what we said at the beginning? Cycling CAN be boring, but it doesn't have to be. The shared energy in the room, synchronized movements, and encouragement from the instructor and fellow participants foster a sense of community at CAC. It's a workout that benefits your body and lifts your spirits.